Mastering is the final step in making a full-length album, EP, or single able to compete professionally with other music in the global marketplace. Consider it the icing on the cake. Though mastering can be seen as simply making a song or a collection of songs louder or all the same perceived volume, it goes much deeper than that. The goal is to make a project sound cohesive in its entirety, to correct any problems and sonically sweeten the mixes to achieve the best sound for the specific media, and to properly sequence and prepare the project as a whole for manufacturing and distribution for public consumption.
I have been mastering music for the past decade, starting with finalizing mixes for various projects in the 1990s and eventually going professional around 2008. Artists who I have worked with have released their work as singles, EPs, and full-length albums via vinyl, cassette, & CD. Aside from mastering physical releases, I've had my recording, mixing and mastering work featured on TV (Jr James and the Late Guitar on the WB Network's Life Unexpected), distributed by indie labels (A-Tone Music, Hidden Volume Records, UK-based Jezus Factory Records, No Idea Records, Nod and Smile Records, & Secretly Canadian), and readily available through iTunes, Spotify, Amazon, & Bandcamp.
Have a question about mastering your project? Contact me!
Digital, Vinyl, & Cassette Masters (Spotify/Apple Music/Bandcamp/CD/etc + Vinyl + Cassette):
• $50 per song (single = $50, 4-song EP = $200 10-song LP = $500, etc)
• Includes audio files specifically mastered for digital streaming release in WAV and/or AIFF formats (additional file formats upon request), as well as high-resolution WAV/AIFF digital files of full album sides (Side A, Side B) specifically mastered for vinyl analog playback and/or cassette analog playback
• Digital files mastered in provided high-resolution file format from your mixing sessions (eg, 24-bit / 96kHz)
• Consultation regarding 33 RPM and 45 RPM physical time constraints, track running order, etc.
• 1/2” Tascam 38 analog tape processing available for an additional $10 per song (contact for availability)
• DDP 2.0 file image for CD manufacturing available for an additional $40